With the rise of the second wave of COVID, situation has been getting worse. With shortage of Oxygen, Remdesivir and Beds in hospitals, along with Cremation pyres for the dead, the country is in a turmoil. The only thing that has us going is HOPE. People are coming out, not only in social media, but also through other means to help the people in need. Proving that Humanity still exists. From genuine users, to Influencers with millions of followers are trying to help. By sharing any sort of Information regarding Bed, Oxygen, Food supply etc. And we are glad to see that Bollywood Comes Forward For COVID Relief.
We know hoe Sonu Sood has been a Messiah in this time of need, since the beginning of COVID. And even after himself getting COVID positive, he didn’t stop. Similarly various actors and actresses are coming out on social media to help. Recently Alia Bhatt gave out contacts of NGOs that are working for COVID Relief. Priyanka Chopra Jonas joined hands with GiveIndia, the largest organisation in India, that’s working for Covid Relief. Varun Dhawan too joined hands with “Mission Oxygen India”, to provide Oxygen concentrators to hospitals across India.
Know here how Bollywood Celebrities are helping the country in these tough times:
- Katrina Kaif has been giving out information active vaccination centres in Mumbai.
- Alia Bhatt shares the information regarding COVID Helpline numbers of Punjab and Verified NGOs that are working for Covid Relief.
- Sonu Sood shares information regarding Plasma donors, Beds and Oxygen Concentrators.
- Sonu Sood also asked the Government to sponsor the last rites of people dying due to COVID.
- Varun Dhawan joins hands with Mission Oxygen India, to provide oxygen all over the hospitals in India.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan shares information regarding COVID vaccines.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas joins hands with GiveIndia, which is the largest organisation.
- Sara Ali Khan is sharing the requirements and needs of people, like plasma donor, and has been asking for leads for the same.
- Parineeti Chopra is working for Mission For Oxygen.
With so much going on, sufferings and chaos, the steps taken by the Bollywood stars is a good initiative as they have mass reach and influence over people. Many influencers are also setting up or joining hands with organisations to generate funds and donations for the people in need. People have been working day and night to help, whilst the Government is busy begging for votes. Apparently, Votes are more important than the voters, i.e- the lives itself.
Bollywood Industry Adversely Affected
Maharashtra is one of the worst-hit states right now, along with Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. In fact the Bollywood Industry has also been adversely affected. We lost a number of Bollywood stars due to Covid, and we still have many who are Positive right now. Actors including Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar, Vicky Kaushal, Kartik Aaryan, Katrina Kaif, Govinda, Sonu Sood and a few more had tested positive, but thankfully they have recovered with time. Also, last year Amitabh Bachchan, Rakul Preet Singh, Neetu Kapoor and Varun Dhawan alongside a few more tested Covid positive. Even today, Actor Bikramjeet Kanwarpal passed away whilst fighting Covid.
It is such a disheartening news when you get to know that your favourite celebrities are no more, the country in turmoil, chaos and suffering, people dying due to lack of facilities, families getting shattered, losing your loved ones. A humble request to people who are reading this, please help those in need. We are privileged to stay at our homes and be safe, everyone isn’t getting that privilege. Just like Bollywood Comes Forward For COVID Relief, we should too.
Also, this week marks the first death anniversary of Veteran Actor Rishi Kapoor and Irrfan Khan. According to sources, Irrfan Khan’s son, Babil Khan is all set to make his debut in Bollywood. His wife Sutapa and son Babil penned down heartfelt letter on Irrfan’s first death anniversary. Irrfan lost his life while battling with cancer.