Sonam Kapoor turns 36, and she is ever-glowing as always, and sometimes more than before. On her birthday we have a few, or you could say many unknown facts about her to share. But before that let’s wish her a Happy Birthday and talk about the beginning of her career.
Sonam Kapoor made her acting debut in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya(2007), alongside Ranbir Kapoor. This movie also marks the acting debut of Ranbir. Sonam also assisted Bhansali in the making of the movie Black(2005). And it’s been more than a decade of her career in Bollywood. She is mostly popular for her fashion sense in the industry, and as well as for her experiments with fashion too. She is also a National Award Winner, for her role in and as Neerja(2016). Also she got to tie the knot in 2018, to Anand Ahuja. He is a businessman, furthermore, has no connection to Bollywood except for Sonam and her family.
Dutch Boyfriend and many other unknown facts about the Bollywood Diva Sonam :
Furthermore coming back to Sonam Kapoor, and several unknown facts about her, here is a list:
- Sonam Kapoor moved out of her house at the age of 15.
- Also, Sonam’s first ever job was that of a waitress. Yes, you read it right. Sonam Kapoor’s first ever earning was through waitressing in Singapore.
- She reveals that she was clumsy at her work , as a result she lost the job!. Imagine, one of the Bollywood’s biggest superstar’s daughter is waitressing, and she lost her job for her clumsiness. It’s very shocking.
- Also, our Diva wasn’t always how she is now, appearance wise. Sonam had to shed a lot of weight to star in Bhansali’s Saawariya.
- Furthermore Sonam has not taken any financial help from her father Anil Kapoor after she started earning. She has been independent since she was 18.
- She also loves to dress up and experiment with Fashion.
- Sonam is an actress, but she has never been to an acting school.
Her personal life :
- Furthermore, her first ever boyfriend was Dutch.
- Sonam Kapoor has 2 tattoos, also she used to have a tongue piercing. So unexpected right? Who would have imagined that Sonam Kapoor used to have a tongue piercing! Although she got rid of it for making her Bollywood debut, her character didn’t allow her to have a tongue piercing.
- She had revealed in an interview that she doesn’t intend to marry an actor or someone from the film industry. She also said she won’t date anyone married, or is even dating anyone casually as the moment.
- Sonam has been cheated on, although she didn’t reveal by whom.
- She is also one of the actresses who has got a lot of criticism and has been trolled. And she gets quite upset about these kind of negative comments.
- Furthermore Sonam Kapoor’s movie Khoobsurat is the first Bollywood movie produced by Disney.
- Also, did you know, Sridevi was her aunt, as she was the wife of Boney Kapoor, and Boney is the brother of Anil Kapoor.
- Sonam also feels that there are many expectations by the audience, media as well as her sisters, Khushi, Janhavi and Shanaya. She says that her sisters have always looked forward to her.
Her failures and achievements
Although several of her movies didn’t work out in Bollywood, but she still keeps going. So far she has done 18 movies in total, and here is a list of the same-
|Film||NET GROSS in Crore||VERDICT|
|18||The Zoya Factor||2.96||Disaster|
|17||Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga||19.31||Flop|
|16||Veere Di Wedding||80.27||Hit|
|13||Prem Ratan Dhan Payo||210.16||Hit|
|12||Dolly Ki Doli||11.24||Flop|
|9||Bhaag Milkha Bhaag||109.13||Super Hit|
|3||I Hate Luv Storys||43.46||Hit|
Furthermore, both her super hit movies, Neerja and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag are National Award winners. It’s true that she has had more flops than hits, but that didn’t stop her. Furthermore we wish her a youthful and beautiful birthday. Also let’s hope for a few more blockbusters for us.
Till then, stay tuned. Also read Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani: Ranbir-Deepika’s movie completed its 8th year