Ranveer Singh is an established actor in the film industry today! Have an insight into these lesser-known facts from his life!
Since the last few years, the Bollywood film industry has given a number of tremendous stars. Ranveer Singh is a powerful actor and is known for playing almost every type of films. From comedy to thriller roles, this actor experiments various genres in every project he takes up. Ranveer is one such actor who made a great start to Bollywood and is highly established in the industry.
Ranveer Singh, the current heart throb of the nation always manages to make heart skip with a beat. The ‘BABA’ of Bollywood is known for his contagious energy. He got acclaimed right from the start of his career. The handsome hunk made millions of fans all around the world.
Let’s have an insight at Ranveer’s Bollywood career graph up until now!
Born on July 6, 1985, Ranveer Singh completed his graduation from Indiana University, Bloomington. He then returned to his homeland and played his shot with ‘acting’. A Mumbai born Indian talent, he auditioned for Yash Raj Film’s Lead role. He backed his role as a debutante in the romantic comedy film, Band Baaja Baaraat. The film became a huge success. He received an honour from Filmfare for his acting.
Ranveer went to play various other roles in different signed projects. From playing an archaeologist in Lootera (2013), a Gujarati lover in the film ‘Goliyon ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’ (2013) to bagging the best actor award for ‘Gully Boy’ (2019), Ranveer has proved his worth all these years.
Did you know that Ranveer Singh and Sonam Kapoor are second cousins? Yes, Ranveer Singh happens to be Sonam Kapoor’s aunt’s son. Well, there are more interesting facts about your favourite Gully Boy. Let’s have a look at these lesser-known facts about the actor.
- Ranveer’s grandmother used to make him watch Amitabh Bachchan’s movies and motivated him to become a big star one day.
- He also shared an event from his college days. There was an acting class where he delivered dialogue from Amitabh Bachchan’s movie, ‘Deewar’. People praised him for his enthusiasm.
- Apart from Big-B, Ranveer is inspired by Govinda, Mithun and the Khan trio, Sha Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan. As he reached his adolescence, his inspiration shifted towards Hrithik Roshan. Finally, after stepping into Bollywood, Ranveer was inspired by Ranbir Kapoor’s performances back then.
- Ranveer dated Ahana Deol (Esha Deol’s sister) during his college days. He is also rumoured to have dated Anushka Sharma, Sonakshi Sinha, Parineeti Chopra and then finally finds his love in Deepika Padukone.
- Before starting his shoot for his debut film, Band Baaja Baaraat, it is said that he was prepared for the role by Nawazuddin Siddiqui in a workshop.
- Ranveer Singh is one of those actors who loves visiting theatres to watch his own films and hear out the audience’s reactions.
- Ranveer Singh rejected 3 big Bollywood movies before Band Baaja Baarat.
- He dropped his last name ‘Bhavnani’. It’s because he thought it’s too long to be memorable.
- Your Gully boy star is a mama’s boy through and through.
- Ranveer worked in an ad agency for a year as a copywriter. He wrote many ad campaigns for big products.
- Ranveer Singh is often seen promoting other actor’s films. He promoted Hrithik’s ‘Bang Bang’ in the middle of the streets wearing the Krrish costume.
- Ranveer Singh also loves picking up X-rated magazines from all the countries he visits.
- He did some voice over work for Deadpool 2. He performed as Deadpool himself in its Hindi dubbed version matching the acting performance of Ryan Reynolds.
- During Ranveer’s wedding, the actor diligently asked all the guests to contribute to the charity instead of the gifts.
- He was rapping even before he played the role of Divine in Gully Boy. His first rap was in his song ‘Aadat Se Majboor’.
- His cameo in Finding Fanny as Deepika’s husband is often unknown. Just a spicy little detail that adds more depth to the movie.
- Big B also sent a handwritten letter to Ranveer Singh after seeing his performance in Ram Leela.
- Ranveer also found himself accustomed to Khilji’s character even after shooting for his film ‘Padmaavat’.
- Ranveer Singh is a people’s person. He feels glad when his fans are happy through his performances.
So these were some of the interesting and lesser known facts from his life.
The enthusiastic Singh also has his upcoming projects in the front lines. Ahead is his 83 releasing on June 4. Stay tuned!